“Strengthening Young People's Access to Stigma-Free Abortion Information and Services” is a project under IPPF, funded by David and Lucile Packard Foundation under the stigma III projects. The project will be implemented from 1st November 2018 to 31st October 2020 in 3 districts (Morang, Palpa and Kavre) of Nepal.
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen young people’s access to stigma free abortion, information and services. It aims to increase information and services to stigma free abortion by increasing accessibility and availability of quality preventive and curative services for hard to reach, disadvantaged, migrants and young population.
This project will
- Increase knowledge about availability and location of safe abortion services among women of reproductive age by 40% to 80% by the end of the project period in three operational districts.
- Enhance positive attitudes towards safe abortion among community women and young people by the end of the project period in three operational districts.
- Reduce abortion stigma among service providers by enhancing their capacity and ensure the stigma free service through exiting clinic in three operational districts.
Activities that increase awareness and reduce stigma associated with abortion will be infused throughout this project. Example of Project activities will include:
- Conduct campaign program by mobilization of community advocates and media, along with appropriate IEC materials.
- Orientation to mother and women group to enhance the skill and knowledge on safe abortion stigma.
- Perform street drama by mobilizing youth members.
- Branches will organize quarterly meeting to discuss the project achievement and further plan.
- Broadcasting message through local FM on safe abortion and its stigma.
- Capacity building of young volunteers and peer educators through training.
- Monitoring its activities from different level to achieve its objectives at given time period.